Turf research in recent times has focused on finding new varieties of grass that have superior characteristics beneficial to the changing environment. Two key characteristics that researchers are looking for in new turf varieties include – low maintenance through additional inputs (fertilising) and low mowing requirements.
Looking for a low mow grass?
Enter Sir Grange
Sir Grange is a Zoysia Matrella that was hand-selected from over 10,000 different turf cultivar varieties, with its superior qualities making it stand out from the crowd. Luckily for you, Sir Grange has some of the slowest growing leaf growth of turfgrasses available in the world. them out.
Sir Grange is a very low maintenance grass when it is established and requires half the mowing of traditional warm-season grasses.
Sir Grange Zoysia was developed by Texas-based Bladerunner Farms (under the name Zeon Zoysia) who have the largest privately owned zoysiagrass research facility in the world
Sir Grange was originally bred for the golf market and can be maintained between 6mm and 50mm and holds a beautiful appearance at all levels. The Sir Grange leaf blade has a high silicone content making it very strong, this along with its dense vertical growth gives Sir Grange superior surface strength and appearance.
- Wide range of acceptable mowing heights for retaining grass health
- Less frequent mowing requirements
- Easily maintained with a standard rotary type lawnmower or cylinder mower
- ‘Barefoot Grass’ qualities – soft, densely matted grass, great for walking barefoot on
You’re looking at mowing Sir Grange every two-to-three weeks instead of every one-to-two weeks with couch, Kikuyu and buffalo varieties.
Golf Course Applications
You can leave them to it and your lawn will be just fine. That’s our first recommendation. However, that birds have
Two of the biggest projects in the world of golf have chosen to use Sir Grange (known as Zeon Zoysia in other parts of the world)
- The Olympic Golf Course in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: This course celebrated golf’s return to the Olympics after a more than 100-year absence, grassed with Sir Grange (Zeon)
- Bluejack National: Tiger Woods’ first golf course design in the United States, under construction now north of Houston, grassed with Sir Grange (Zeon)
For a lawn that requires less mowing and fertilising, you can’t go past Sir Grange.